Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sun + Flowers



What a beautiful, mild, sunny day for flower hunting.

I made my neighbor a pot of flowers...of some sort...

I followed the YouTube tutorial below. 

Of course, my neighbor's looks nothing like his perfect little garden. I should've taken a video, so my mom could better appreciate my work.

She's already blasted me on Facebook...again...for the stripper video.

The tutorial guy says to drill a hole at the bottom of the pot. I decided I would "one up" him, and drilled holes in the bottom AND sides of the pot.  But when I soaked it with water, it only drained out of the bottom...not the holes on the side.  Hmm...

I forgot the rocks, so I used mulch at the bottom, and a plastic bag instead of the mesh stuff he mentions. 

No one told me that the flowers, like children, don't sit where you put them...they're all over the place and you find yourself looking for a spatula to smack them back into place.

I added a solar powered butterfly garden light thingy I found on eBay.  It lights up like Vegas at night...let's see how long it lasts before she throws it into the street.

lol




No comments:

Post a Comment