Thursday, June 5, 2014

If you want something done right...



Too many shady contractors. If you're wondering about the outcome with the most recent guy, he decided that 8pm the next night was the best time to start the project.  I decided it wasn't. 

Gonna do it all myself. The plastering, sanding, caulking, taping and painting aren't a big deal. The TV wall mount thing and the weird bathroom shelving aren't too scary, although I forsee shattered glass from a heavy plasma TV in my future. But I can't change the shower arm/head until I figure out where the main water valves are. This house is old, so even YouTube couldn't help me find them.

My life is in mayhem mode. My brother wants me in Japan permanently by August 2014. The guy from the Start Up Grind event a while back wants me on his team. His sweetass team, if I may add.
 
Shoving cotton candy into my mouth and waiting forever for the lecture to start...
Me: "There's my new friend, ready to go."
Krystal: "The chicken is pretty good."
Me: "..."
 
lol
 
 
Talk about perks. His office doubles as a recording studio. I would have a swing and skateboards and robots at my disposal. And a popcorn machine.

And there's a constant supply of ice cream in the fridge. His assistant advised me of this. This is huge.

But I just got a promotion last December. I came in little under budget for an employee family movie event last weekend. The execution's getting easier. Movie purchase, collateral, announcements, ticket distribution, venue, staffing, and a boatload of movie foods.  850+ attended. I had a photographer take family photos at a movie prop on their way out. The event went smoothly and I had idle time to watch the families rush over to get photos taken.
 
I got A's on my first two Arabic quizzes. I don't want chocolate. I'm kinda Trekked out atm. And the kids at the event were...cute.

My head hurts.

As do my loins.



No comments:

Post a Comment