Monday, March 31, 2014

Damn you, Starbuck's.



Thought I'd warm my Starbuck's in the microwave in the lunchroom. I took off the lid and sleeve first cause...well, I don't know why. Less plastic for the little zappers to get through?
 
I dunno.  It seemed logical in my head.
 
I warmed it for 2 mins on high. Heard the "ding". Opened the door and grabbed the cup...which was kinda wobbly now. "Carefully" slid it out. Didn't notice the little ledge at the entrance. The cup tripped on the ledge and somehow spilled(spilt?) backwards onto my hand.
 
So my hand was burning, with steaming coffee running off of it. But the risk management lady happened to be standing next to me, talking to someone. And she's crazy!! She'll have me in a hospital in 5 minutes  So I couldn't react. Had to play it cool.
 
So I casually grabbed the attendant's cleaning cloth and cleaned up the microwave. With my right hand. Cause my left hand was on damn fire. And the risk management lady was kind of in my way. 
 
I took another cloth and a cup of ice, and hightailed it back to my desk.

That was an hour ago. The tingling is gone now, except for my thumb. So I applied burn cream.

I am sexy, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment