Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The chicken is pink, and the lettuce is brown.



I volunteered at the Southwest Community Center in Mexicantown over the weekend. We helped folks enroll in the Obamacare plans. The amount of information that goes into every application....you'd need at least basic computer knowledge to follow the prompts. I'm still confused...the deadline has been extended for enrollment...but not really. And what happens to homeless people, and technophobes?  It's really confusing.

Enrolled in school for my degree in May.  I also enrolled in Beginner's Arabic language class. Detroit has the largest Arab American community in the states. Theirs is a wealthier community, but there has to be an Arab American community in need. It won't matter if you can't communicate with them.

I hear it takes 3 semesters to gain a basic grasp for Arabic. Ironic, all of this probably won't matter, since I'm moving to Japan in 2015. Kind of a family obligation thing. I've been running from it since college. And then moved to Florida. I knew it was a matter of time before it boomeranged back around.

It's like one of those disaster movies where the meteor is expected to slam into Earth. You know it's coming, and you sort of know when, so you try to pretend its not there and live in bliss until it smacks you in the head.
A coworker who tried to steal my robot has a birthday this week. I bought him a robot, put it in a box, and wrapped the box to look like a kimono.

Way too much time on my hands.

Joined a few Meetup groups recently. Meetup is a social hub for people who want to hang out with other people with the same interests. Sort of a "match.com" for friendships. I joined a travel group, a theater group and a group called "Chicks & The City". We were supposed to meetup at a museum on Sunday. and 11 people confirmed their RSVP, but....no one but me showed.  Wow. Didn't I look ridiculous. I even showered for it!

My sister made us all pic collages. I wish I could post my brother's. It's pretty sweet. It's four linked hearts made of pictures. Mine is okay, too.  And she got the ages/order correct.

I asked why there are no pics of me in kimono. She replied, "I couldn't find any where you looked right.

Wow. Ouch, right?

Anyone know about renting residential property in SL? If so, let me know. I have questions!

Okay, I gotta go find something else on the food line. My plate belongs in a horror movie.





No comments:

Post a Comment