Sunday, November 3, 2013

On borrowing vs stealing

Having a philosophical discussion with a gentleman outside of the theater about how specific elements of Enders Game's plot were obviously "borrowed" from the great Roddenberry with a little religion sprinkled in. Not even just the plot. The tech, too. 

Dude. A: you're not going to win this argument. It's Star Trek. The ruler of all scifi. Walk away. 

B:  it's like 30 degrees out here. I'm freezing. Why couldn't you bring it when you were sitting next to me in the leather reclining chair with your feet propped up?

C:  There are too many kids out here. ...the hell?

D:  Your adult kids are warming up in your car while you freeze to death out here. 

E:   Seriously. My lips are blue. 

F:   Did he really just say that the iPad is NOT a product conceptualized/actualized by Trek?  PADD. iPad. Omg. 

G:   I'm really texting this to feign distraction. Pardon the typos. 

H:   People probably think we're a couple. It's kind of fun arguing with this guy. 

Sigh. My phone cases get me into more trouble sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment