Friday, November 29, 2013

Pedestrian




Last night, a blog visitor wrote that my posts have become monotonous and simplistic and somewhat uninspiring (okay, that last part is just how it floated around in my head), favoring iPhotos of shoes and food over prose. 

I hope I don't disappoint you, readers.  I hadn't considered that I might.  But...

Last week I worked 13-hour shifts. I had separate conversations with every front line employee. 2500 employees.  At the end of every night, I sat in my car for a few minutes to let the adrenalin wear off. My mouth and eyes were sore from smiling for 13 hours.  I was grumpy and fell asleep a few times waiting for my car to warm up. 

My interest in any additional discussions was gone.  I didn't want to talk about anything serious or important. I just wanted to shoot zombies on Steam.

This week, I'm planning three huge employee holiday parties with the limited budget of $150k. I'm introducing a corporate newsletter on Monday. I'm mulling over a job offer for a position that no one knows exists. By the time I get home, I'm all talked out and brain-dead.  I have neither the inclination or interest in discussing ...well, anything. 

I meant for this blog to be my trapper keeper (remember those?) for silly YouTube videos and the rare rant. Its still startling to me that anyone will actually anticipate any sort of posts.  But I'll try to come up with something interesting enough to write about.  Until then, I'll try to keep the photo blasts to a minimum.

Edited 11.28.13 for clarity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment