Sunday, December 22, 2013

Week in Review (aka, "Photo Madness", aka, "Electric Blanket, Here I Come!")



I'm watching this 1980s movie called Weird Science. So these two nerds make their dream woman and she spends the whole movie trying to build up their self confidence by embarrassing the hell out of them. 
 

Seriously can't stop laughing. The music and the people in the TVs and the rocket in the house and the fashion.  It's perfect. 

Of course, nothing perfect can be left alone for very long.

Buying the dvd. lol @ "soundtrack now available on cassettes". 

Work events were all successes. Final costs were $15k under budget. Woot. In afterthought, I should've used it. Otherwise, I lose the extra 15 next budget.

One was a community outreach lunch for Kids Kicking Cancer. I thought it was important to do this one first. Employees played Secret Santa to over 30 families. There were so many presents that we had to open another room for overflow.

Another one was a movie for employees and their families. Despicable Me 2. Popcorn, pretzel bites, rice crispie treats, brownies, ice cream, cotton candy, sugar-induced comas for all.  Oh, yeah.  I gained 4 lbs. in the last month. 
 
The two big ones were the strolling reception dinner and the "Battle of the DJs" event. So much planning, so many vendors, staffing, sound checks, so many last minute fiascos, so many security rule changes at the door - mid party...so much "why did I wear heels today?"
 
Stayed in our hotel for the nights of those parties. The shower felt like warm clouds rinsing over you. But the tub? Sweet geezus.  I couldn't shake a bug I caught earlier in the week. By the end of the last event, I was dizzy and I felt hot, then cold. The security guy made me sit down and brought me some juice.
 
Which made me have to pee. Try running in heels on snaggly carpet to a restroom waaay down the hall.  Dammit.
 
One of the DJs gave a few shout outs on the radio yesterday, and employees called in to say they had a great time.  That was cool to hear.

It's Saturday morning and I'm watching the Weird Science movie, and then I think Jerry Springer. And eating pizza.

I want an omelet. With tomatoes and spinach.  Maybe I'll go up to the cupcake place.  OMG. What's wrong with me.

So this post is obviously lacking everything but random clips. Confession: It's mostly for prosperity.  I can free up some space on the iphone, and also look back later and say, "Oh yay... I did that!"










 
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment