Thursday, July 23, 2015

Talent Show's Over




Event went off without a hitch. Instead of tickets, I made it community outreach donations only. I placed a clear ballot box at the entrance with a sign that said donations for community outreach are appreciated. The suggested donation was $2, but as I carried the clear box back to my desk to count in the morning, I saw a few twenties!  It's so humbling that people will give what they have freely to help the community. 





All the performers were just amazing. Better than in their auditions. I was mostly backstage making sure things happened in order so I couldn't see the audience, but they were definitely on their feet and hooting a few times. 

I'm just so proud of the employees who overcame their shyness and nervousness and went for it.

Oh, I ordered these three iridescent trophy pieces for the top 3 winners, but one broke while moving it.  That's almost $300!! So I just gave out the 1st place award. 

Well, it's been a looong night. I'm taking off tomorrow to spend time with my girlie from Miami,who hung with me at the talent show tonight. We're gonna eat pizza and watch Jerry Springer all day.

#bestdayever





No comments:

Post a Comment