Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Miami




My job sucks. 

1 concentrated month planning a managers/execs boat cruise. A $45k check that I personally drove down to the boat dock this morning. A high maintenance band that demanded a special boat launch time and white rose arm bouquets who the execs just had to have. A crazy dinner menu with stuff I can't pronounce. I had to google some of it. Stalking the executives when they didn't RSVP. I actually leaned against one person's closed door so he couldn't get out until he gave me an answer.

All that, and then I miss the last shuttle because I was helping a guest.

Aaand as I'm typing this, I notice that my new shellac job has just chipped.

Meh. 

But it's all good. An old friend from the Miami days is coming up to stay with me this week. So I could use this time to clean up a bit.

From
  5 Seconds of a nervous breakdown
We worked together for a cruise line company in Miami Beach.  That was a few years ago, before the earthquake and Detroit.

She's also a Second Life friend, though she's online even less than I am.

I gotta spray extra spider spray on all the ceilings. Last night I found a spider on my ceiling. Just chillaxin. Throwin' up gang signs at me. With a little mini-boom box playing "Straight Outta Compton".

Little bastard.

So I screamed and set the nozzle on my spray bottle of 99% alcohol to "kill" and sprayed his punk ass dead.

But that was too close to my bed.  So I slept under my sheets last night with the window closed (noisy neighbors) and woke up with a damp pillow from sweating.

I know. Sexy, right?

Anyway I can't wait for my buddy to visit. I miss Miami.

I suppose I should clean the sheets first.

Last gangster spider I saw.

Currently addicted to this song. Which version's better?

















No comments:

Post a Comment