Thursday, July 2, 2015

Warmth + XXL + Day to Nite



So this male coworker.

He gives me this really warm greeting when we pass. He greets me like I rescued his mother from a burning building. His whole demeanor changes,  By the time we've passed each other, it feels like he just gave me a big hug. 

No, it isn't the flirty look. The "I'm imagining you naked" look guys do when they see a random woman under the age of 50.

Nope, this is more like the look your grandmother gave you when you graduated from high school. It's hard to describe, but it's definitely a "Hello, Mia...I'm so glad for what you've done for me" greeting.

I only realized it this week. But he's been doing it for a while. I watched him discreetly today in the lunchroom. He mostly only greeted the people in his department, but from what I could see, they were just greetings. Like normal people. I cut through the tables to greet him on my way to put up my tray, and he actually put his fork down and again greeted me like I'm a long lost family member, and like he was just wasting time eating until he could greet me.

So I'm trying to think back to something we could have both been involved in. Maybe a community outreach thing. Or maybe I let him jump in front of me on the freeway.  Idk. But it's driving me crazy. It's kind of uncomfortable to get a "thank you so much for waking up this morning and gracing me with your presence" greeting from a guy I don't remember doing anything for.

Idk. I'm dying to ask him what's up, but I'm afraid of the answer. It'll either be, "Well, you saved me my life...don't you remember?", or "Um...what look? Are you crazy? Psycho."

Headed to see Magic Mike XXL with the ladies. I'll see all you ladies there lol




Hey, here's how to go from "worker bee" to "night owl" in 5 minutes:
  1. Replace suit jacket with cropped bolero or clingy jacket.
  2. Remove pantyhose.
  3. Replace work pumps with T-strap peep toes.
  4. Unwind twisted hair bun and scrunch until hair is really foofy.
Also, worst butt dial ever.
















No comments:

Post a Comment