Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Other Foot



I saw Ride Along yesterday. It was really funny. Great chemistry between Ice Cube & Kevin Hart. I don't care for KHart generally, but his Napoleonism stuff worked well here.  Think "Rush Hour" with a higher budget. A turned up Chris Tucker.


So the theater assigns your seats. A couple were in our seats, so they moved two seats down. They moved four more times because the real ticketholders kept showing up. That last time was a close one. I don't think the real ticket holders appreciated her attitude.  Alas, no pre-movie fight for entertainment.

At that point, I reclined my chair and realized my boots were on the wrong foot.

Seriously. I'm like 80.

I saw Jack Ryan on Saturday (which was okay).

Later, I logged in to SL to kill 30 minutes before a Skype call.

I just found out that the ex who ignored my calls while I was in Japan - "Mr. Yellow Fever" - 's girlfriend is one and the same person as another SL friend's undercover girlfriend.
Two shady deals, same girl involved. 

Litereally stumbled upon it.

Like a damn soap opera...one which I'm so glad I'm not a part of. But privately makes me smh with a smirk. Which is bad. And I should be ashamed. But I would've been right in the middle of that mess, and probably none the wiser.  There's a real world just outside of your doors, people.  You don't have to be crazy glued to your chairs.

So, I'm watching The Bachelor, and a contestant explained my thoughts on SL perfectly. She said: "Here, you have to make a spectacle of yourself to be noticed. It's just not in me to be different a different person because I'm here. In the real world, I can just be me."  She's haafu. The smartest one on the show. Go figure. Pffh.
 
Second Life should enhance your first life; not replace it.

National holiday today. MLK. Been working in the bathroom this morning and washing sheets. I'm dying to bleach the bathtub, but I'm told the bleaching product is very strong, and lasts for 3 days. So it needs to be warmer so I can keep the bathroom window open.

Feels like time for a change. I'm trying L'Oreal's Ombre.  "Ombre" is meant to look like a gradual progression in color along the length of your hair. Like your color is settled/fading from the root. So more natural, less GAH!

I used this tutorial:


 






No comments:

Post a Comment