Tuesday, March 3, 2015

On Regret


There was a cute little bundled up senior woman waiting at a Detroit bus stop on my way home. I looped back around  so that I could ask her to let me drive her to her destination. I quickly sifted through possible ways to prove to the woman that I'm not a crazy person. I could give her my business card. Or let her hold my drivers license.

But then I imagined the next person offering her a ride. Maybe that person isn't so kind. Maybe they want to hurt her. And possibly, she'll only have the pleasant memory of the nice Asian woman who happily drove her home the last time. 

The guy next to me at the gas station was carjacked at gunpoint this morning. It happened so fast. Like on a cop show. 

Anyway, I guess I was thinking of this morning and the whole sheep-in-wolf's-clothing thing. And turned back around. I don't want her to assume that everyone is good. But I didn't see her face. Maybe I'm assuming too much. She could be of sound mind, completely aware of her surroundings. Maybe she had that determined expression, like she didn't want a ride.

And now I feel horrible. I should've given her a ride. 


Isn't tonight's moon amazing? There is this
vibrant ring of color around it whenever it's over
the clouds. I tried to lighten this a little to make
the rings clearer, but now it looks sort of oil-painty. 

.  

No comments:

Post a Comment