Wednesday, February 19, 2014

On being nice...



My good friend and coworker is unhappy with me because our waiter Chris, from our favorite spot, is super nice to me when we come in. 

She's "felt some type of way" about this for a while, but her snide comments in front of Chris today were close to embarrassing.

It's honestly a really stupid thing to be pissed about. She has lots of friends both at work and outside of work.

So Chris use to work at the carryout counter, but he was just promoted to waiter. Which is great.  Well, my coworker always dines in, but I usually do carry out.  So Chris and I have a more relaxed relationship.  He calls me by name, he brings extra pico when I order the quesadillas, he knows I like sugar on my glass rim instead of salt, and spends extra time at our table harassing me about stuff.

It's what people who take pride in their work do.  He understands that great customer service = happy customer = more money.

And I tip him double what she does. Which apparently makes her angrier.   But he hooks me up. 

Circular logic.

Now that I remember it, she also insisted that I let her give me a makeover, after a few people complimented my suit and hair (ouch! To Bobby pins).

She's acting odd.

Bitches be cray-cray.

I just passed an elderly customer with a thick white beard I wanted to brush standing in an aisle, staring off into space. My "guest needs help!" alert went off and I doubled back to ask if he was okay.

(My dumb co-workers share a running joke about me checking on every elderly customer I pass. There's even a stupid girly walk and and an arm-touch and a stupid phrase that go along with it. It goes, "Is everything okaaaay?" In a squeaky voice. It's really stupid. And I don't do that.)

So the older customer stared at me for a moment and focused, and said, "Yeah...I was just looking at that.".

My chance to practice a little customer service!

So I moved in closer and started pointing things out. "Well, that's the food court area.  See that big group eating there?" And the ATM machines are to the left, there. There's a Starbuck's, also. I can show you the way if you like?"

He looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head and said, "I was just looking. GEEZUS!"

lol

My mailman keeps writing notes on my mail. "Please salt your porch." "Please remove ice from your driveway."

Chinese guy.

I'm shoveling and salting and skating to clear a path for his lazy ass every morning. So I taped a laminated note to my mailbox: "Dear Mailman - My father was also a mailman for 20 years. But he never complained. I salt the porch after every storm. Don't like it?  Bring your own damn salt." I signed it in kanji.

Off to Toronto!  I like to harass my pilot or dare him to do something. Or her. Are there female pilots?

My same coworker is going with me. This should be interesting.

















No comments:

Post a Comment