Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Second Life Meshes: TNG



I rarely log in to Second Life these days.  The social complexities-slash-landmines are confusing. Most of my favorite old chillax sims are long gone. There's the ex thing, and the ever-present system glitches...

I still can't see the friends on my buddy list.

But I must say, the Second Life clothing mesh appointments have vastly improved since the first go-round.

(Non-SLers: "Mesh clothing" is an alternative way to dress your Second Life avatar. Formerly, you could only choose shirt/pants/jackets layers. It took a while to piece together.  With mesh, there's little-to-no thinking required. You just slap it on.)

lol @ "slap it on".

I was a huge mesh clothing opponent. The last time I tried mesh, it was a dress, I think.  And it was horrid. Avatar body parts were sticking out all over the place, it moved like cardboard, bleh. Plus, the selection was minimal. There was nothing available that I would ever wear in RL.

I even posted this message in my profile:

"SL mesh clothing is like a booty call.  Use it occasionally for a quick fix; use it too much, and you just seem lazy."

Now, mesh is all over the Marketplace. And the fit is pretty impressive.



Now, if I could get my RL clothes to fit that well.

Maybe I could slap it on.

heh.

I don't know why that's funny.





No comments:

Post a Comment